Friday, June 26, 2009

Home

I pride myself about feeling at home in the world. Lugging my 50-pound suitcase up and down the labyrinths of stairs of NYC subway. Walking all around Philadelphia in 89F weather with blisters on the soles of my feet. Staying up all night long to finish a paper and then walking around Philadelphia in 89F weather with blisters on my feet. I was even prepared to lug my 50-pound suitcase all around Philadelphia in 89F weather in case the bus station didn't have the left luggage office. None of this causes frustration -- I take it all with pride at my ability to handle life's minor inconveniences. So please don't ask me why I didn't just rent a car or remind me that I could've left my luggage in NYC since I'm going to go back there tomorrow anyway. It's a matter of pride.

2 comments: