Friday, March 4, 2011

Links

Two of my stories have been recently published in an online magazine Mad Hatters' Review, in their special section "Back From the USSR." My stories are two humor pieces "How to Tell if a Student in Your Beginning Poetry Class is a Russian Spy" and "Sweet Dreams." I am very excited that in this publication my name is featured next to others whom I respect and admire, in particular a poet Vladimir Gandelsman and a quirky prose writer Linor Goralik.

Another publication I'm very proud of is my essay about Clark Coolidge's book of poetry, "This Time We Are Both," written in 1991 and published last year by Ugly Duckling Presse. This review appears on HTMLGiant, a great blog about all things lit (esp. avant-garde lit).

My friend Genine Lentine has published an essay on her project "Listening Booth" -- I have participated in this project about a year and a half ago, and Genine interviewed me about it. Part of this interview accompanies the essay. The other part Genine has graciously emailed me so that I can remember how cool this project was and continue to wonder why it has resonated so much with me and how I can use the ideas I had generated thinking about it in my work. Genine's own thoughts about the projects are expressed with power and clarity in her essay. Genine also blogs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment